Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful

It is amazing how much your life changes (and YOU change!) after having kiddos. This past week Evelyn was sick and it seems life was pretty much on hold for me. It is very all consuming (time/energy/PATIENCE) taking care of a sick toddler along with a baby (who thankfully did not get sick as well)!  It is so sad seeing your kiddo miserable. She is feeling better minus a runny nose/cough so we are working pretty hard these few days to try & work out the habit of extreme whining we picked up while sick :-)

This week was pretty draining for me, Evelyn didn't sleep well because she was having a hard time breathing at night, so she was up several times for a few nights and had coughing fits at least every hour.  I also had moved Hunter back downstairs at night so Evelyn's night wakings wouldn't interfere with his sleep. So yesterday on Forest's day off I needed to go to the store and since he was home I got to go BY MYSELF. I was pretty excited to get a little break so I took my time and was amazed at how much more I can fit in a shopping cart without one or both kids in tow, ha! As I am driving down the road by myself listening to the Go Fish Guys (Evelyn's favorite), and walking through the aisles at the store where Evelyn usually points out EVERYTHING she sees (and asks for) on the shelves, I realized how much I am used to having the kids with me. And while it is not always the easiest or fastest...I love it! Now, don't get me wrong I very much enjoy and appreciate time alone and will not turn it down if offered it :-) But I guess it just reminded me to be thankful for them even in the times when it may seem stressful or inconvenient. I will try to savor the moments singing with Evelyn in the car as she dances as best as she can while strapped in her carseat, and just talking with her and explaining things to her as we push through the aisles of Wal Mart. Silence and solitude are welcome friends, trust me, and necessary for my sanity at times... But I think I prefer the crazy, chaos, and constant company of my children- runny noses, sleepless nights, and all. Thank You Lord, for allowing me to parent these little ones!

my sick girl

& happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment