Monday, November 14, 2011

Mommy Monday: Perspective

Sometimes a fresh perspective can work wonders :-) It is kind of funny that my good friend Robyn posted what she did today (read it here!) , because I had a similar thought just this morning! I took Evelyn to the doctor's office this morning because Evelyn has had a cold for several days and its not really getting better and she osunds miserable and has been having trouble sleeping. Any seasoned moms reading this are thinking "Why did you take your baby to the doctor for a mere cold?!".  And I would say, "Cut me a little slack, first-time mom's are supposed to be naive and overreactive!", right :-) haha...I did feel kind of silly because the doctor can't really do anything for her, she just has to let it run it's course. First time mommyhood is basically trial and error, lol. But anyway, while we were waiting in the room I was looking at Evelyn sitting on the table in just her diaper checking out her new surroundings..and for whatever reason my mind was brought to think about those who have children that have/had any type of serious health issues and being in a doctor's office or hospital would be rouine for them (and for MUCH more serious things than the common cold!). I couldn't help but think about how hard it would be to see my child laying there with cords and moniters, in pain- and not be able to help them. Yet I know there are so many who are in or have been in that situation.... And I just thanked God right them and there for Evelyn and her health thus far! Why God has chosen to bless us with such a sweet gift is beyond me, and His loving-care for Evelyn is beyond anything I could ever have for her. And that is simply amazing!

3 comments:

  1. This is so good. I really needed this today. "Perspective" is something I've been trying to work on lately. "Ev" is sooo cute, love her ♥ ~ Momma ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO WEIRD I posted my new blog post and it also deals with "perspective"!! Great minds (and sisters) think alike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that God brought similar things to each of us! I actually almost entitled my post "perspective", then changed it. so funny.

    ReplyDelete