Thursday, September 22, 2011

My life as a blogger

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, I have been on vacation! Oh, it's been TWO MONTHS, you say? I was only on vacation for a week..... I guess I have no valid excuse for the rest of the time :-) About a month ago I was talking with a friend (shout to Carmen in I-OW-A!) about blogs and about how they say the most important thing about a starting a blog is that it has a specific purpose/focus. Ehhhh... Well the focus of my bog has kind of been: "Random-ramblings-of-my-brain-sweet-things-God-has-taught-me-good-recipes-to-try-oh-and-here-is-a-picture-of-my-cute-baby". Sooo if anyone googles that- no doubt, my blog will be the first result on the list :-) So I decided I wanted my blog to be better identified with one thing! Something that is pertinent to everyone: Matters of the heart! Not only it's relevance, but it's immense importance. I want this blog to be filled with truth and hope; to be exposed and vulnerable, as we focus on our hearts, which are the very things that Christ desires and is in the pursuit of. But I still would like to post about recipes, and mommy things, because I enjoy writing about those things! But I want to majority of the overflow of my head and heart to be concerning eternal things! So maybe I will do like "Mommy Mondays" and "Wifey Wednesdays" and post about those things on the specific days. No, that's cheesy. And doing that would mean I need to post like 4-5 times a week. Which is a far cry from my usual schedule. ha! So basically it's all up in the air right now :-) Surprisingly enough this is NOT what I intended to blog about this morning. Maybe the focus of my blog really should be "how-to-write-lengthy-disclaimers-before-you-actually-get-to-the-point".  Maybe if I blogged more regularly, I wouldnt feel the need to explain myself every time :-) That being said, I will post in the next couple days what I wanted to actually post about and we will go from there. Thank you, oh patient souls, for listening!

"Keep your heart with all diligence,  For out of it spring the issues of life."
Proverbs 4:23

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of "Mommy Mondays" or "Wifey Wednesdays". Just saying- maybe I will steal it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wecipe Wednesdays for recipes? :-P I don't think it matters too much what you post as long as it is you! Unless your looking for blog sponsors????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Jody...it will develop! not cheesy at all. Do what suits you because it is because of you that we come here...to know you better and to hear what God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I would like to learn how to decorate my blog and change fonts...can you teach me?

    ReplyDelete