Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bread Machine Breadsticks

Thought I'd share my VERY FIRST EVER experience with a bread machine! I will be honest, I was quite intimidated, but it worked beautifully! I'd always been afraid of making any kind of bread dough because I didn't really know how to knead it AND using active dry yeast seems tricky! But my mom got a bread machine from a garage sale (for $5!) a while back and she let me have it! (Wow, I just  realized that within the first 4 sentences of this post I've used 5 exclamation points. See how excited I am?) Well, I wanted to try this yummy looking breadstick recipe and freeze our leftovers.... It was GREAT! They were SO easy, the machine does all the hard work! This is actually what they look like...

photocredit:http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/

Throw all of these ingredients into your bread machine:

1 cup warm water
1/4 cup oil
3 cups of bread flour
1 tsp. salt
3 TBS brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

~Once the dough cycle is finished, roll the dough onto a lightly buttered cookie sheet.
~Using a pizza cutter, cut the bread sticks into 20-24 pieces (depending on the size you want) ((The dough rolled out on the pan was probably 10x12 inches.))
~Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.

When breadsticks come out of oven, drizzle this mixture on top:
4 TBS melted butter
1/2 tsp garlic salt

Then, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and you have absolutely delicious buttery, garlicky, parmesan-y breadsticks to serve with dinner or just for a snack! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Brrrrrrrread Machine!!!! :-) It's the best for pizza dough, too. Love that us modern ladies never need to knead dough ever!!!

    ReplyDelete