Monday, September 26, 2011

Mommy Monday

Well in honor of my very first Mommy Monday, I will post something that I thought would be kind of fun for a while now! A while back my friend, Robyn White did a post called "A Day in the Life of Us". It was basically just an outline of what a normal day in her life looked like with her famly! So I will give you all sneak peek into a "normal" day in my life......

7:00am
When I wake up (most days! :-/) in order to have my quiet time with the Lord before   
                Evelyn wakes up and the day gets away from me :-)
8:00 am
Wake up time for Evelyn! Quickly followed by breakfast.

8:30-10:00 
 Playtime! She is usually in her excersaucer or just playing on the floor with her toys
                      independantly for a little while as I get a couple things done around the house. But most
                      of the morning is spent playing together. Her favorite activity as of right now is 
                      walking around and around and around the house (while holding my fingers of
                       course :)). But she also spends time on her tummy pushing up on her hands and knees
                      figuring out this whole crawling thing!

10:00-12:00
 Morning Nap! And I finally get to take a shower, get ready, and get things done around
 the house. Or spend some refreshing time chatting with a friend!


12:00
Lunchtime. Evelyn loooves her baby food. We are also very blessed to have Daddy home for
   lunch most days!
(She doesnt make this face anymore, but come on this is a great picture!)

12:30-2:00
This is when we would usually go out if we needed (or wanted!) to. If not, more 
                      playtime. Reading books, playing with toys, & all kinds of fun stuff. Oh, and we have to play outside at some point!

2:00-4:00
Afternoon Nap! I usually either work on a project I'm doing (like how I am wanting to do some serious organizing this winter!), do some baking, reading, or just whatever needs done :-)

4:00
Evelyn's Dinnertime. With more baby food.. then usually time to play in her Pack n' Play while
           Mommy makes dinner! Evelyn sits in her high chair with some finger food to keep her
           occupied while we eat 
4:00- 7:30
This time usually varies depending on what we have planned for the evening. We either go out and do something together, visit someone, or we just get to all hang out as a family! If Evelyn didn't nap well during the day I may lay her down for a short evening
         nap to get her through til bedtime. Oh and of course there is bath time.

And, playtime with daddy!

7:30
 Evelyn gets a bottle and we get ready for bed! She is usually in bed fast asleep by 8:00.

The rest of the evening is spent enjoying time with my hubby! Then it's off to bed for us, and wake up and do it all again the next day :-) I do realize this may seem too boring, too structured, too predictable to some people. But each day is marked with it's own character of laughter, fun, joy, and love...and at times also struggle, tears, and frustration. God is so good and I am in awe of how He chooses to bless us. On top of the love and salvation He extends to us, He blesses us even further each day.

                   

3 comments:

  1. That was really special and unusual for 'today's mommy'. Structure is so good for Evelyn and mommy and daddy too. It will be easier as she gets older with a routine. You guys are awesome parents to your precious God-given gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to hear about your day, Jode!

    ~Big Sister

    ReplyDelete