Friday, January 11, 2013

Homemade Play Dough Fun!

Well it is barely into January and the kids and I are pretty much stir-crazy! It was in the 40's yesterday so I took them on a walk to the library just for some fresh air... I have had multiple conversations with friends recently about different fun activities to entertain our toddlers and I have decided that I need to plan some fun and different activities fairly frequently to beat the winter blues and to mix things up a bit! So this week I decided to make some homemade play dough! It was really very easy and I had almost all of the ingredients on hand... I used the recipe on this site! Since I wasn't sure if it would end up in a certain someone's mouth or not, I felt better about knowing everything in it is edible and like the site suggests, I used a packet of Kool Aid to color it rather than food coloring so BONUS it smelled like grape!  Ev loved it and I did too!

Here it is! I just decided to make one color to see if I liked this recipe. And it's a keeper!


Not sure yet...She just kept pinching it at first.


Getting a little more excited about the idea... (Hunter is excited, too ) ;-)


 Then we decided we LOVE it!


 
I got out some plastic shapes to play with.


She liked when I took all of the shaped holes out and she put them where they belonged like a puzzle!


Then we worked on letter recognition, which is is very good at it and loves to do. And I will admit, it was fun rolling it out and making all the letters haha!


 Sweet little chubby fingers :-)


And we can't leave out the little guy!


Being cute and reading a book!



No comments:

Post a Comment