Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm baaacccckk!!!!!!!

(click to read full post)

Well basically I stink at this blog. S-T-I-N-K, stink. It has only been 6 months since I've posted...I mean,come on. I do find it funny that I started this blog like, 3 weeks after giving birth to Evelyn...and somehow I find myself moseying on back here 4 weeks having Hunter. Apparently the craziness of having a newborn leaves me longing for an outlet for my mind. When your life is now all about caring for a newborn, keeping up with a very active too-smart-for-her-own-good toddler, endless diapers from one, potty training another, not to mention making sure everyone is fed, clean, clothed, entertained (ha!), and loved, I guess it just feels good to verbalize my thoughts-- even if it's just to make sure my brain is still functioning properly.

Again, I find myself learning, or re-learning, one of the same lessons from the short 19 months ago when Ev was born. Though my world seems upside down (in a good way) and crazy (also, in a good way!), my God is never-changing. He is sufficient. His truth remains true regardless of my circumstances and feelings.

I love hymns. There are a handful (or a few handfuls) or hymns I just love. Their words are so rich, and the depth of truth in them is such an encouragement and refreshing for my soul. I find myself singing them to Hunter in the middle of the night..I think because that is when I need them the most! So I want to share a quick verse from one of my favorites, He Leadeth Me.

"Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since ’tis my God that leadeth me."

It just is a reminder to me first of my dependence on the Lord for guidance. Then also just remembering that when I am depending on and following Him, I can be confident that since He is the One in control, I have nothing to fear, nothing lacking, and nothing to complain about. I can be content whatever circumstances come my way, content (and joyful) even on the crazy days, because it is my God that is leading me. 

I am not making any promises, but I hope to be blogging a bit more regularly... I know you all missed me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment